Her Ex- Boyfriend Wouldn’t Be Ignored
Say Astoria Man Mugged Woman In Middle Village
Collared by police for harassing and threatening his girlfriend at an Astoria location last Wednesday, Jan. 18, a 29- year-old man was additionally charged by police for robbing and assaulting her on a Middle Village street during a mugging last month, law enforcement sources said.
Police identified the perpetrator as Fabian A. Mendoza, 29, of 30th Avenue in Astoria. He was arrested last Wednesday by 114th Precinct officers inside a home on Steinway Street for allegedly confronting and making verbal threats to his former gal pal.
Upon further investigation, authorities stated, Mendoza was additionally charged by the 104th Precinct Detective Squad for allegedly robbing and roughing up the victim during a previous confrontation in Middle Village on Dec. 3, 2011.
In that incident, according to information provided by the Queens District Attorney’s office, Mendoza allegedly confronted his former girlfriend in front of a location on Dry Harbor Road near 85th Street at around 8:30 p.m.
Police said the suspect allegedly punched her several times and slammed her hand against a tree, then grabbed her face and spit in her mouth.
After knocking the woman to the ground, it was reported, Mendoza grabbed her pocketbook—which contained several hundred dollars in cash and her passport—and fled from the scene on foot.
The incident was later reported to the 104th Precinct. The woman suffered minor injuries including various lacerations and bruises.
During the confrontation inside the Astoria location last Wednesday morning, law enforcement sources said, Mendoza allegedly followed his ex-girlfriend inside the home and threatened to kill her and others whom he believed she was seeing.
Officers from the 114th Precinct responded to the scene and placed Mendoza under arrest for violating an outstanding restraining order prohibiting him from contacting the victim. He was additionally charged with resisting arrest and harassment.
Mendoza was booked later that day on charges of second-degree robbery, criminal contempt, harassment, petit larceny and harassment for the Middle Village robbery, authorities noted.
Court records indicated that the suspect was arraigned last Thursday, Jan. 19, in Queens Criminal Court before Judge Fernando Camacho, who ordered him held on $20,000 bail. Mendoza is scheduled to return to court on Feb. 16.
Post new comment