TRAFFIC NEWS and Updates
Because of ongoing construction work at several locations throughout Queens and Brooklyn, the New York City Department of Transportation (DOT) has announced numerous street closures in local neighborhoods for the upcoming week.
The announced diversions are current as of Tuesday, July 3. The DOT may shut down other roads should the need for emergency repairs arise.
Streets and highways that are affected by closures during this week include the following:
Street Repaving In Wdhvn. & Ozone Pk.
Weather permitting, DOT crews will conduct street resurfacing along the following roadways:
• 85th Street between Jamaica and Atlantic avenues in Woodhaven for paving on Friday, July 6;
• 94th Street between Woodhaven Boulevard and 101st Avenue in Ozone Park for paving on Thursday, July 5;
• 106th Street between Park Lane South and Jamaica Avenue in Richmond Hill for paving on Friday, July 6;
• 134th Street between 86th Road and 87th Avenue in Kew Gardens for paving on Thursday, July 5;
• 135th Street between 86th Road and Hillside Avenue in Kew Gardens for paving on Thursday, July 5;
• 136th Street between Hillside Avenue and Kew Gardens Road in Kew Gardens for paving on Friday, July 6.
• Woodhaven Boulevard southbound service road between Atlantic and 97th avenues in Ozone Park for paving on Friday, July 6.
Concrete Work On Cross Bay Bridge
One of three lanes of the southbound Cross Bay Veterans Memorial Bridge will be closed to traffic on weekdays, Monday through Friday, from 7 a.m. until 6:30 p.m. as the MTA Bridges and Tunnels conducts concrete repairs beneath the bridge.
The daily lane closure, which will continue through the fall, is necessary to accommodate equipment being used for the project to repair the concrete piers below the span.
Bridge Work Affects Northern Blvd. Span
One to two of the three lanes of the eastbound Northern Boulevard bridge over the Flushing River will be closed during night time hours on Monday through Friday, from 11 p.m. until 6 a.m. and from 11 p.m. Fridays until 2 p.m. Saturdays through early July. The closure is necessary as the city DOT conducts structural work on the span.
Lane Closures On Grand Central Pkwy.
One lane of the Grand Central Parkway will be closed in either direction under the 37th Street overpass on Mondays through Fridays from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. and again from 11 p.m. until 5 a.m. Closures will also occur on weekends from 11 p.m. Fridays until 6 a.m. Saturdays and on Sundays from 12:01 to 11 a.m.
Additionally, one lane in each direction of the Grand Central Parkway will be closed between 82nd and 111th streets on weekdays from 12:01 a.m. until 5 a.m., on Saturdays from 1 to 6 a.m. and on Sundays from 1 to 9 a.m. as the DOT conducts maintenance work.
Furthermore, one lane in each direction will be closed on the 44th Street overpass above the Grand Central Parkway in Astoria through February as the DOT conducts bridge repair work.
It was also noted that one lane in each direction of the Grand Central Parkway may be closed under the United Nations Avenue Bridges (between Roosevelt Avenue and the Long Island Expressway) weekdays from 10 a.m. until 2 p.m. and again from 10 p.m. until 5 a.m. The closures wll also take place on Saturdays from 10 a.m. until 3 p.m. and from 10 p.m. Saturdays until 3 p.m. Sundays.
For additional closures, visit the city DOT’s website at www.nyc.gov/dot or call 311.
Post new comment